Can speech recognition tools be soundly applied for speaking practice in second language acquisition programs? Paper at SLRF 2014
For your convenience, I provide two versions of this presentation: the slide deck:
And a screencast of my presentation:
(Unfortunately, PowerPoint 2013 seems to have introduced a bug in alignment of narration and video. If they fix it, I will republish),
Rather annoying, no getting out of this loop, endless window foreground switching, but also unclear about the screen resolution, it seems. Ha
Oh, wait, I changed the dpi scaling, but chose to not log off, has that got something to do with this? Well, I have seen this loop behavior before, and I also frequent get terrible slowdowns which I have not been able to do root cause analysis for (also video-related? or network? )
Have not been able to find other similar problem / but reports – something wrong with my setup then? (never mind that my camera has its own infinite loop auto focus bug.
- Do this to create a form in Google Apps:
- Here is what you can have your submitters see:
- Here is what you get:
- The videos of the presentation by Maria Mahaffey, Emily Kristoff and Shaun Stone on SPAN2200, using Hot Potatoes exercises in Moodle, and the ensuing discussion, are available on the intranet:
- PowerPoint screencast with audio: “S:\CLAS\LCS\MYDEPT\mahaffey\span2200\showcase\SLP_2014_PowerPoint.wmv” (size: 130MB).
- Video with presenter and PowerPoint on projector: “S:\CLAS\LCS\MYDEPT\mahaffey\span2200\showcase\showcase-SLP-2014.mp4” (size:410MB).