Archive for the ‘Genre-is-any’ Category
2016/06/22 Leave a comment
Demo video is here.
“"Mira, mamá! Sin manos!". Can speech recognition tools be soundly applied for L2 speaking practice?” FLEAT VI, August 11-15 at Harvard University
2015/08/13 Leave a comment
Paper on use of “Speech recognition Tools for Oral Proficiency” training has appeared in this week’s FLTMag.com
2015/04/06 Leave a comment
- Since I have been asked to advertise this:
- These Speech recognition tools, while an invaluable partial evaluation automation or AI tool, come free with MS-Windows (7 Enterprise/Ultimate, 8 all distributions) – crucial for often resource-strapped language learning environments.
- The tools do not come with pre-built exercises – a blessing in disguise since this makes them easier to integrate them with your existing textbook-based syllabus. I provide some ideas how you can easily derive speech recognition exercises from your syllabus/textbooks.
- I recommend having a look at the entire new issue of FLTMag, the magazine on technology integration in the world language classroom, which
- examines other software that supports second language learning with video conferencing, support for writing and vocabulary learning (on tablets versus print materials) ,
- reviews a book on “Ideas for integrating technology in the classroom”
- and advertises upcoming conferences. Hope to see you there.
2014/11/19 Leave a comment
… by running gpedit.msc as admin and setting "user configuration / administrative templates / windows components/ attachment manager / "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments" to "Enabled No. "
I observed these files in the drive my virtualbox win 8.shares with the linux host.
2014/11/18 Leave a comment
Easing access to some important tools for serious writing – and configuration that can not be done in a template,but is per machine…
2014/11/17 Leave a comment
- If you can install Zotero’s word processor add-ins (for LibreOffice Writer or MS-Word).:
- If you cannot, you can still use the “create bibliography from items” of Zotero (which itself can be run under portable Firefox from a USB stick – no install needed at all). Here is a brief example and insert those into your writing;