Archive for the ‘COED037’ Category
How to test Voice boards (Blackboard Collaborate, formerly Wimba voice) for Vista Higher Learning (Supersite3) Textbooks
2014/02/04 Leave a comment
- First I create a voice board,
- and add an audio contribution so that students can respond:
- More fail
- The help offered is of no use: “If the Applet displayed the message “Audio Unavailable”, click here. “ This is neither the error message, nor does the help address Java (but rather audio hardware config) issues
- But if you refresh (F5 suffices) the window with the Setup Wizard, it starts working?
- Even the audio recorder:
- And the voice board (after F5):
- What Java version is this under ?
- Now a user needs to test from the student view
How not to have to join a Saba Centra online class from the LRC late, for lack of speaking capabilities
2013/05/06 Leave a comment
- Problem: We continue getting reports from teachers that students who try to participate in a Saba Centra online class from the LRC listening station computers (with analogue headphones) experience a considerable delay in joining and cause disruption to online classes since they have to troubleshoot their microphones, for lack of being audible online.
- Root cause: Saba Centra on startup automatically selects the “microphone” as recording device…
- On XP, click “Start”, click “Run”, type (without quotes) “SndVol32 –R” (meaning: “SoundVolume for Recording”), click “OK” which opens the volume mixer for recording devices. The radio button selected will be “Rear input”.
- Start Saba Centra.
- Switch back to the volume mixer you opened in step 1. Note that the radio button now selected is “Microphone”. This is wrong for the listening stations (and the teacher station) in the LRC. Switch it back to “Rear input” (you know that your headset is supposed to be plugged into the rear).
- And off you go… Plus note: There is no need for “expensive” workarounds like:
- haphazardly trying to replug headphones,
- purchasing your own USB headphones,
- hogging the main classroom with its USB headphones.
Categories: audience-is-language-learning-center-staff, audience-is-language-learning-center-temp-staff, audience-is-students, audience-is-teachers, Distance-education-format-is-Synchronous, e-learning, Listening-Stations, Presenter-Computer, presenter-computer, service-is-configuring-learning-tools, service-is-testing-troubleshooting-debugging, Speaking audio, FAQs, saba-centra
2012/06/21 Leave a comment
Just trying to make the basic troubleshooting information more accessible from the field:
2012/04/13 Leave a comment
2012/03/20 Leave a comment
2012/02/15 Leave a comment
Categories: audience-is-IT-staff, audience-is-language-learning-center-manager, audience-is-language-learning-center-staff, audience-is-students, audience-is-teachers, documentation, e-infrastructure, Film-studies, Institution-is-University-of-North-Carolina-Charlotte, Photos, presenter-computer, student-computers maps
2012/01/31 Leave a comment
- for Coed037: Word Web app: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=0025C841818181C2&resid=25C841818181C2%21148