Archive for the ‘4-skills’ Category
2014/09/14 Leave a comment
- My initial test of W7ASR mV8MRY used an end-of-chapter web quest from a 1st-year German textbook. From reading for the gist to pronouncing an authentic target culture text is a challenge – make it extra credit.
- Turn existing writing exercises into speaking/ reading/ corrective writing exercises: Free form writing during note taking, e.g. when answering comprehension or short essay questions, fits the continuous speech optimization of W7ASR.
- You will likely see reduced recognition accuracy and less proofing feedback, but gain wider applicability for (grammar, but especially vocabulary) drills that use discrete writing, e.g. filling in cloze exercises (navigation need not be done by voice), even in a web browser from your LMS or online textbook.
- Turn “flipped classroom” homework preparation fill-in-the-blank conversation suggestions into more hands-on phrase dictations before your in-class communicative practice.
- Similarly, my Spanish screencasts, e.g. qK9fKV, flips our Spanish for Law Enforcement: If W7ASR can ”understand” your Miranda warning, a suspect likely can also.
- Finally, the most advanced language learners can replace writing of essay tasks from their textbooks by speaking them – use of only ASR for editing is optional.
- All above tasks are based on existing textbook and/or syllabus which are easily extended by Windows 7 “open response” speech recognition.
Protected: LRC speech recognition speaking practice task: Implementation (Prerequisites installation, configuration, training)
2014/09/14 Enter your password to view comments.
2014/09/13 Leave a comment
- Tools needed for my LRC speaking practice task design using Windows7 Automated Speech recognition:
2014/09/12 Enter your password to view comments.
How speech recognition speaking practice integrates with LRC activities for oral practice, assessment and ePortfolio
2014/09/12 Leave a comment
- My use of Windows7 Automated Speech recognition in 7 languages integrates with
- other LRC activities for oral practice, assessment and ePortfolio.
- these homework assignments prepare for in-class assessments
- All except Kaltura (incompatible with Mahara) also produce language learner ePortfolio pieces.
2014/09/07 Enter your password to view comments.