How to test Voice boards (Blackboard Collaborate, formerly Wimba voice) for Vista Higher Learning (Supersite3) Textbooks
- First I create a voice board,
- and add an audio contribution so that students can respond:
- More fail
- The help offered is of no use: “If the Applet displayed the message “Audio Unavailable”, click here. “ This is neither the error message, nor does the help address Java (but rather audio hardware config) issues
- But if you refresh (F5 suffices) the window with the Setup Wizard, it starts working?
- Even the audio recorder:
- And the voice board (after F5):
- What Java version is this under ?
- Now a user needs to test from the student view
- for Coed037: Word Web app: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=0025C841818181C2&resid=25C841818181C2%21148
Some non-western, but character-based languages benefit from having keyboard overlay stickers installed. Here is a list of what the LRC has:
|3||Arabic||1 list. station, 2 rightmost computers in the front row of the left (teacher perspective) half of the main classroom|
|2||Farsi||2 rightmost computers in the middle row of the left (teacher perspective) half of the main classroom|
|1||Greek||1 list. station|
|3||Russian||1 list. station, 2 rightmost computers of the rear row of the left (teacher perspective) half of the main classroom|
Here are photos of the Arabic and Cyrillic keyboards:
We installed the stickers, so that they reflect the software layout of the keyboard that you get when choosing the respective language from the international toolbar. Note that the letters marked in red on the Cyrillic keyboard picture below are not supported by the Russian keyboard layout:
Since only one set can be added to any existing physical keyboard, the teacher computer keyboard can not have an overlay. The student computers with overlays are the listening stations and computers 6,7,12,13,18,19 on the LRC layout map.
Remember that the On-screen-keyboard software remains accessible at all PC’s through clicking “Start”, “Run”, typing “OSK”, clicking "OK".